Tuesday, March 2, 2010

There's Never Enoug. h

There really isn't is there? Time I mean of course! I am working 12-15 hour days with little to no time off over here and the scary thing is I don't want more time off, I want more hours in the day so I can get it all finished! I have been so busy which has helped time to fly by. I received my first and second care packages since I wrote last. My girls sent me a great box with posters for my room (hand made of course!) a dvd player and some sweet cards and snacks. They really know how to make it better over here for me. Now my walls are bright and cheery instead of plain old white. It's the little things you know? In this care package they also sent me my lighted shower mirror. I know, I know...a little crazy right?! However, not a week after I received it I used it! Not because I remembered to take it with me for my long walk to the shower, but because when I arrived at the shower trailer there was no electricity. It was pitch black, so I walked back and grabbed the only thing a man's man would...a lighted shower mirror! It worked perfectly and I actually got to take a shower by myself because I am sure no one else thought to bring their lighted shower mirrors! I also received a great care package from my friend Brian's family. They sent me macaroni and cheese snacks along with some beef jerky and a magazine. It was really thoughtful of them considering I have never actually met any of them before.

Since writing last I have traveled around southern Iraq fairly extensively. I took a week and headed out to see what there was to see. I rode on several helicopters. Some had good pilots and some had monkeys flying I think. There was a girl who lost her lunch on one ride just before I had to get on. She came off, helmet in hand and looking worse for the wear. It was a bumpy ride, but I held in there! There really isn't much to see here...from the ground or the air. Lots of sand and dust blowing around here lately. Makes for some muddy gum chewing you know?! I have been trying to relieve some stress by going to the gym when I can afford to take the time. It's tough with so much to do though.

Good news for me! I finally have skype and internet in my room! I have been able to see my girls a few times and have seen Lindsay rather frequently lately. She looks so beautiful carrying my son doesn't she?! Eight more weeks and he'll be here! I can't wait! Come on Mason! We're waitin' on ya! God is so good to us isn't he? I thank Him every day for His blessings and ask Him to watch over my family while I'm away. (Although I know He does when I'm there anyways!)

Well, I had better get back to work here. Thank you all for your support and love. Look in and call my girls when you can! They need it more than me!
-Jerm

2 comments:

  1. OOps - I actually sent a box 3/2/10 and I intended to put VITAMINS in; if you are out let me know ASAP, as you know how slow I am. SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED VITAMINS! Tell us, what is your chow hall like??
    It was good to finally see a new blog...when will you have PICTURES? Love, DorothyLou

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine how rough it is being away from your family for so long...just know that your girls (and little boy) are being lifted up in prayer!!! We won't forget you either : ) Be safe!

    ReplyDelete